Not new in Saint Paul School of Professional Studies’ (SPSPS) record on board topnotchers in the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) licensure examinations, the school made it again in the May 2018 batch when two of its graduates clinched the top two ranks released by the Board of Accountancy of the Professional Regulation Commission on May 28, 2018 or seven days after the last day of examination.
Jayson Ong Chan and Jomari Jess Sacendoncillo Abellar placed 1st and 2nd with a rating of 92.50 and 91.67 percent, respectively, while 69 others successfully passed in the May licensure examinations that posted a 28.92 national passing percentage. Jayson will be part of the teaching faculty of SPSPS beginning AY 2018-2019.
Proof of SPSPS’s excellent performance in the Philippine and Global Licensure/Certification Examinations are graduates who topped in these examinations:
- Jayson Chan – 1st Place (May, 2018 CPA Exams)
- Marwin Baldevia – 1st Place (May, 2011 CPA Exams)
- Chris Paete – Top 1 (2008 CISA Exams)
- Jomari Jess Abellar – 2nd Place (May, 2018 CPA Exams)
- Joseph Cruz – 2nd Place (May, 2005 CPA Exams)
- Loudie Jay Falguera – 5th Place (May, 2008 CPA Exams)
- Chris Paete – Top 5 (2006 CIA Exams)
- Joseph Cruz – Top 5 (2007 CIA Exams)
- Manilyn Balledo – 11th Place (May, 2006 CPA Exams)
- Joel Cruz – 18th Place (October, 1997 CPA Exams)
As of May 2018, SPSPS has produced almost 3000 Certified Public Accountants, Certified Management Accountants, Certified Internal Auditors, Certified Information Systems Auditors and Certified Accounting Technicians and improved its passing percentage in the CPA Licensure Examination to around 40%. For the past 6 years, SPSPS has consistently emerged as among the Top Producers of CPAs in the Country. This May’s batch of passers is among the highest in the school’s history at 71 successful examinees making SPSPS still in the list of Top 10 Producers of CPAs in the country.