Dr. Erwin Vincent G. Alcala, CPA
Dr. Erwin Vincent G. Alcala is currently the Chairman of the Board of Trustees and President of Saint Paul School of Professional Studies (formerly Saint Paul School of Business and Law). He is likewise a member of the Technical Panel for Accountancy Education at the Commission on Higher Education National Office, in-charge of crafting and review of Programs, Standards and Guidelines for Accountancy Schools in the Philippines.
Before entering the academe, Dr. Alcala was a former International Audit and Professional Practice director of KPMG International, a global professional services firm, assigned in its offices in London, New York and in the Philippines.
For nine years, Dr. Alcala served as member of the Philippine Audit and Assurance Standards Council, the audit standard-setting body in the Philippines; and the Vice-Chairman of the
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Council for Accountancy of PICPA and the Professional Regulation Commission.
Dr. Alcala is a past national president of the Philippine Association of CPAs in Education; former President and Vice-President for the Tacloban and Metro Manila Chapters of PICPA and currently a National Director of the Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants. He was also the Chairperson of the School of Accountancy of De La Salle University-Manila Main Campus and the CPA Review Director of De La Salle CPA Review School from 1997-2000.
Currently, Dr. Alcala is the National Executive Vice-President of the Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants FY 2021-2022, and will be serving as the National President of the institute in FY 2022-2023.
Dr. Alcala is a recipient of various awards. Among them are the 1997 Outstanding Young CPA of the Philippines Award, and the 2004 Most Outstanding CPA of the Philippines Award in the field of Accounting Education. He is a Certified Public Accountant and is a PhD in Accounting and Finance from the University of Bristol in England, United Kingdom.
He likewise finished his Diploma Program in Organizational Development at New York University, USA and his Marketing and Management Program at the Asian Institute of Management (AIM) in Makati City.
His experience expands throughout different parts of the globe: majority of Asia Pacific Countries; United Kingdom and some parts of Europe, Middle East & Africa; United States of America.
He continuously served the accountancy profession through these professional and technical groups:
- 6 years as Member of the Audit and Assurance Standards Council (the audit standard-setting body in the Philippines)
- 9 years as Vice-Chair of the PICPA Continuing Professional Development Council or CPD Council (the council in-charge of evaluating, accrediting, and monitoring of professional development programs for CPAs)
- 11 years as Accounting Education Technical Panel Member of CHED (the technical group in-charge of crafting the BSA and other Accounting-Related Course Curricula)
He was elected by CPAs to serve the membership:
- 1 Year as PICPA National Vice President
- 1 Year as nACPAE National President
- 4 Years as PICPA National Board Member
- 2 Years as PICPA National Sectoral Director
- 2 Years as PICPA Regional Director for Eastern Visayas
- 1 Year as PICPA Foundation Board of Trustees Member
- 1 Year as Chair of PICPA Eastern Poppins
- 1 Year as Chair of PICPA Visayas Geographical Area Office
- 8 Years as nACPAE National Board Member
- 2 Years as PICPA National Sectoral Representative
- 1 Year as PICPA Tacloban Chapter President
- 26 Years as Chair and Member of various National, Regional, and Chapter Committees to include Editor-In-Chief of the Accountants Journal and Accounting Times
Dr. Alcala has received the following awards and recognition:
- 2004 Most Outstanding CPA of the Philippines
- 1997 Outstanding Young CPA of the Philippines
- 1998 Young Faculty Achiever of De La Salle University – Manila
- 1998 Most Valuable PICPAn
- Recipient of Presidential Awards and Citations from several PICPA National Presidents and from the Professional Regulation Commission
Units under the Executive Division
|Asst. to the President for Institutional Planning & Internationalization||Carlo B. Afable, lpt, mat-el|
Executive Assistant to the President
|Janelle Pamela G. Pedrero, Ipt|
|Director, Human Resource Management Office||Sixto R. Dagsa Jr.|
|Head, Campus Safety and Security Head||Socrates T. Sabuco|
|Head, Risk Management and Compliance Officer||Virgil Kit H. Abanilla, сра, cma|
|Risk Management and Compliance||Jayson O: Chan, cpa|
|Data Protection Officer||Atty. Jane Mabel F. Montances|
|Institutional Ward Advising Officer||Kriz Mae Eloise A. Abellar, micb|
|Pollution Control Officer||Isiah Dan G. Avorque|
|Legal Counsel||Atty. Eric T. de Veyra|
President’s Office Contact Information
Office of the School President
2nd Floor, Administration Bldg.
Saint Paul School of Professional Studies
Campetic, Palo, Leyte
Tel. No.: 520-1778
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org